When running a small business with only one employee(me), you need to get your project management skill up to speed quickly. I had very little experience of project management when leaving university, This was an area where I knew that I needed to brush up on. I started by looking for software online and found quite a few that companies were offering to use their project management website. I have listed a few of these sites below, But I wanted my own solution on my own server, so it was private and nobody else could have my data. In the end I settled on this solution – WP project
Project management solutions online
Ten Things to watch out for.
- A really well planned out project will, only take twice as long to finish, but a bad plan will lead to scope creep at three times longer than expected.
- If you fall behind, and try to catch up, you will inevitably loose out somewhere else.
- Now if the project is going well and everything looks good, be ready for everything to go wrong.
- Surely if things are going bad, they will unpredictably go horribly downhill.
- Now if everything starts to come together and everybody seems happy, you have neglected something.
- Development on well planned projects will see most projects sit at 95% for ages and ages, and ages.
- You are most prone to errors at the beginning of new projects when you must make hard decisions that effect schedule.
- No project that is planned out, ever finishes with the same people that started it, or under budget.
- Remember to include time to actually update your project management solution, this can often be overlooked.